Saturday, May 28, 2011

Where the Pecans grow

Three days ago I was baking for a camping trip that two days ago I didn't go on.  Our (kind of) annual camping trip was planned, and my booking plans for a campsite were not too brilliant. I blame it on false advertisement. :) Praise the Lord, just 2km down the road we came upon a hotel that had campsites with a pool, trampolines, beautiful view, banana trees for shade and nobody camping!

Thursday evening another missionary family met us there for a braai, after which D#6 and I tagged along home with them. I came to whip their Risograph into shape and today I got 600 Zulu booklets printed. How accomplished one feels when every error indicator is flashing on the machine and she still gets it to print.

Today I took two wound-up little girls on a walk and brought two wound-up girls and one worn-out girl home from the walk.  On our way we stopped along the road and gathered pecan shells and I felt like I was in nut-heaven, seeing as my love of nuts is slightly ridiculous.


Post Script: How to shake up your life a little.

Call Cacti cute.


Hang Spinach on the line.


Tie a roll of duct tape to a tow rope, toss over dead palm branch, pull down, varnish and call décor.

No comments:

Post a Comment